• Aggessive
  • Amazed
  • Amusing
  • Angelic
  • Angrier
  • Artistic
  • Asleep
  • Bashful
  • Bitchy
  • Blah
  • Bored
  • Breezy
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Buzzed
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud 9
  • Cold
  • Cold Turkey
  • Confused
  • Cooler
  • Crappy
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Daring
  • Dead
  • Depression
  • Devlish
  • Doh
  • Doubtful
  • Drunker
  • Energetic
  • Fiendish
  • Fine
  • Flirty
  • Gloomy
  • Goofy
  • Grumpy
  • Happier
  • Horny
  • Hot
  • Hungover
  • In Love
  • Innocently
  • Inspired
  • Lonely
  • Lurking
  • Mellow
  • Mischievious
  • Nerdy
  • No
  • Not Worthy
  • Pain
  • Paranoid
  • Pedantic
  • Pensive
  • Psychedelic
  • Question
  • Relaxed
  • ROFLMAO
  • Sadder
  • Scared
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Sleepy
  • Sneakier
  • Snobby
  • Spaced
  • Stressed
  • Sunshine
  • Sweettooth
  • Thinking
  • Twisted
  • Vegged Out
  • VeryTired
  • Worried
  • Yee Haw
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 28

    Thread: why do the Chinese use chopsticks and we forks and knives and spoons?

    1. Forum Homepage / New Posts / #1
      hotchef's Avatar
      hotchef is offline NOT always in the kitchen
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Gender: maleLocation: Moscow

      why do the Chinese use chopsticks and we forks and knives and spoons?

      and many Arabs /Asians eat with their right hand? ( I know why not the left hand but why hand at all?)

      question put to me by a young cousin for a assignment,

      EATING HABIS OF DIFFERENT CULTURES AND NATIONS
      I am a Chef and supposed to know these things but had a rather weak answer i think. Maybe here something better comes up? Wiki has nothing...
      Good food, one of the few pleasures of mankind...

    2. Forum Homepage / New Posts / #2
      Barry is offline Banned
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Sri Lanka they don't use anything but hands, just pick up the food with their hand and stuff it in. Guess that's why they don't eat soup.

    3. Forum Homepage / New Posts / #3
      Lled's Avatar
      Lled is offline not that other crap
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Gender: MaleLocation: Thailand & Hong Kong
      "Life is anything that dies when you stomp on it"

    4. Forum Homepage / New Posts / #4
      Carbo's Avatar
      Carbo is offline Forum Elder !
      Mood:
      Breezy
       
      Gender: Big ErnLocation: Maximum security stockade
      Larry David wonders the same thing.


      I've been thinking some of suicide,
      But there's bars out here for miles

    5. The following user says thank you to Carbo for this post: Limitchik (28 Jul. 2012)
    6. Forum Homepage / New Posts / #5
      Limitchik's Avatar
      Limitchik is offline Mark it Zero !
      Mood:
      Breezy
       
      Gender: Male
      Quote Originally Posted by Carbo View Post
      Larry David wonders the same thing.
      That man has made an art form out of asking and satirizing the embarrassingly stupid questions that pop into people's heads (he's also made a nice living out of it, too).
      This is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules

    7. The following user says thank you to Limitchik for this post: Carbo (28 Jul. 2012)
    8. Forum Homepage / New Posts / #6
      Carbo's Avatar
      Carbo is offline Forum Elder !
      Mood:
      Breezy
       
      Gender: Big ErnLocation: Maximum security stockade
      Quote Originally Posted by Limitchik View Post
      That man has made an art form out of asking and satirizing the embarrassingly stupid questions that pop into people's heads (he's also made a nice living out of it, too).
      It's just his childlike oblivion to social norms. Like, after the reaction to the chopsticks question, he finishes off with a question about whether the poor girl might have a psychopathic parent.

      I've been thinking some of suicide,
      But there's bars out here for miles

    9. The following user says thank you to Carbo for this post: Limitchik (28 Jul. 2012)
    10. Forum Homepage / New Posts / #7
      woodville's Avatar
      woodville is offline All Sixes & Sevens & Nines
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Gender: Male
      Because they can?
      It's less of the what and the where and the how,
      It's more of the you and the me and the now.

    11. Forum Homepage / New Posts / #8
      bcrglobal's Avatar
      bcrglobal is offline P!ss Taker In Chief.
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Gender: Hunk a burnin loveLocation: Imagine hell....now imagine it hotter, and with lots of sand. Now you're close.
      Because they're savages! I tell you, they're not civilized and developed like we are, no sir.

      Cunning little yellow chappies with slanted eyes and black greasy hair. Can't trust em, I tell you. Order chicken in one of their shops, and you'll likely get served dog instead! I went to one of their places, bloody little buggers couldn't understand a word I said. I asked for chicken and chips, and this woman says "oh, you wan numma thity thlee?". No, I don't want a bloody thirty Thlee, I says to her, I want a chicken and chips. Well, this woman brings me 2 bloody sticks to eat it with....so I says to her, listen, luv....I'm a European. We've done this thing called civilizing and inventing, and one of the things we invented was knives and bleeding forks! Go get me some, chop chop! And she did. Cheeky little thing had them In the back, but they just wanted to laugh at the Europeans trying to eat with sticks!

      But I'm not racist. I left her a tip, and even asked if she could do my laundry.

      Bloody savages.

    12. The following 7 users say thank you to bcrglobal for this post: Beachcomber (28 Jul. 2012), Britmikh (28 Jul. 2012), Godfather (2 Aug. 2012), M-C (29 Jul. 2012), Suvorov (28 Jul. 2012), Voodoo (28 Jul. 2012), woodville (28 Jul. 2012)
    13. Forum Homepage / New Posts / #9
      woodville's Avatar
      woodville is offline All Sixes & Sevens & Nines
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Gender: Male
      Quote Originally Posted by bcrglobal View Post
      Because they're savages! I tell you, they're not civilized and developed like we are, no sir.

      Cunning little yellow chappies with slanted eyes and black greasy hair. Can't trust em, I tell you. Order chicken in one of their shops, and you'll likely get served dog instead! I went to one of their places, bloody little buggers couldn't understand a word I said. I asked for chicken and chips, and this woman says "oh, you wan numma thity thlee?". No, I don't want a bloody thirty Thlee, I says to her, I want a chicken and chips. Well, this woman brings me 2 bloody sticks to eat it with....so I says to her, listen, luv....I'm a European. We've done this thing called civilizing and inventing, and one of the things we invented was knives and bleeding forks! Go get me some, chop chop! And she did. Cheeky little thing had them In the back, but they just wanted to laugh at the Europeans trying to eat with sticks!

      But I'm not racist. I left her a tip, and even asked if she could do my laundry.

      Bloody savages.
      ............................................AND breathe.

      Better now?
      It's less of the what and the where and the how,
      It's more of the you and the me and the now.

    14. The following user says thank you to woodville for this post: bcrglobal (28 Jul. 2012)
    15. Forum Homepage / New Posts / #10
      matt24's Avatar
      matt24 is offline Assistant Soup Dragon
      Mood:
      Tired
       
      Gender: MaleLocation: Moscow
      Quote Originally Posted by hotchef View Post
      and many Arabs /Asians eat with their right hand? ( I know why not the left hand but why hand at all?)

      question put to me by a young cousin for a assignment,

      EATING HABIS OF DIFFERENT CULTURES AND NATIONS
      I am a Chef and supposed to know these things but had a rather weak answer i think. Maybe here something better comes up? Wiki has nothing...
      Was it not an odd choice for an Austrian to enter into the culinary arts? Culturally Austria is hardly up there on the list of countries that have an esteemed culinary tradition - on a par I might suggest with the Americans and their association with cricket - Was it a brave counter cultural decision to become a cook, or did you think you were onto an easy gaff - learn one cake and how to deep fry heh presto!?

      The Chinese and much of the far east use chop sticks as an alternative to forks - they still employ knives and spoons, but on a more economically efficient centralized basis.

    16. The following user says thank you to matt24 for this post: Limitchik (28 Jul. 2012)
    17. The following user says "huh?" to matt24 for writing this sheer nonsense: hotchef (28 Jul. 2012)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 0
      Last Post: 14 May. 2012, 19:13
    2. Spoons!
      By Lled in forum The Living Room
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 26 Mar. 2012, 06:41
    3. Replies: 0
      Last Post: 2 Jan. 2010, 00:17
    4. Replies: 9
      Last Post: 23 Mar. 2008, 17:43
    5. Wooden Spoons, Spatulas... (suggestion)
      By Billie Bob in forum The Kitchen
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 10 Jun. 2007, 01:48

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •