Red Tape Forums .

Home FAQ Contact Us Who's Online Social Groups
Go Back   Red Tape Forums > Recreational > The Kitchen
Register Members List My Threads / Replies Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Quick Links

The Kitchen Pre-heat the oven and let's talk food ! Know of any excellent supermarkets ? Maybe you've located an item of food or ingredient that's difficult to find? Or perhaps you'd like to let us know about a great recipe?

SPAM / Forum Homepage / New Posts /   #1  
Old 28-07-2012, 07:33:48
NOT always in the kitchen
hotchef has the rank of Staff Sergeanthotchef has the rank of Staff Sergeanthotchef has the rank of Staff Sergeanthotchef has the rank of Staff Sergeanthotchef has the rank of Staff Sergeanthotchef has the rank of Staff Sergeanthotchef has the rank of Staff Sergeanthotchef has the rank of Staff Sergeanthotchef has the rank of Staff Sergeanthotchef has the rank of Staff Sergeanthotchef has the rank of Staff Sergeanthotchef has the rank of Staff Sergeant

My Mood:
Thanked 1,038 Times in 558 Posts
"Huh"s: 13
"Huh"ed at at 64 Times in 47 Posts
why do the Chinese use chopsticks and we forks and knives and spoons?

and many Arabs /Asians eat with their right hand? ( I know why not the left hand but why hand at all?)

question put to me by a young cousin for a assignment,

EATING HABIS OF DIFFERENT CULTURES AND NATIONS
I am a Chef and supposed to know these things but had a rather weak answer i think. Maybe here something better comes up? Wiki has nothing...
  SPAM / Forum Homepage / New Posts /   #2  
Old 28-07-2012, 07:43:34
Banned
Barry is off the scaleBarry is off the scaleBarry is off the scaleBarry is off the scaleBarry is off the scaleBarry is off the scaleBarry is off the scaleBarry is off the scaleBarry is off the scaleBarry is off the scaleBarry is off the scaleBarry is off the scaleBarry is off the scale

My Mood:
"Huh"s: 14
"Huh"ed at at 62 Times in 54 Posts
Sri Lanka they don't use anything but hands, just pick up the food with their hand and stuff it in. Guess that's why they don't eat soup.
  SPAM / Forum Homepage / New Posts /   #3  
Old 28-07-2012, 08:11:11
not that other crap
Lled has the rank of CaptainLled has the rank of CaptainLled has the rank of CaptainLled has the rank of Captain
Lled has the rank of CaptainLled has the rank of CaptainLled has the rank of CaptainLled has the rank of CaptainLled has the rank of CaptainLled has the rank of CaptainLled has the rank of CaptainLled has the rank of CaptainLled has the rank of CaptainLled has the rank of CaptainLled has the rank of CaptainLled has the rank of CaptainLled has the rank of CaptainLled has the rank of Captain

My Mood:
Thanked 8,243 Times in 3,361 Posts
"Huh"s: 17
"Huh"ed at at 16 Times in 13 Posts
http://www.chinahistoryforum.com/ind...sticks-to-eat/

google it
  SPAM / Forum Homepage / New Posts /   #4  
Old 28-07-2012, 10:49:53
Forum Elder !
Carbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant General
Carbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant General

My Mood:
Thanked 17,915 Times in 8,641 Posts
"Huh"s: 129
"Huh"ed at at 87 Times in 78 Posts
Larry David wonders the same thing.

I've been thinking some of suicide,
But there's bars out here for miles
The following user says thank you to Carbo for this useful post:
Limitchik (28-07-2012)
  SPAM / Forum Homepage / New Posts /   #5  
Old 28-07-2012, 11:07:10
I'm Your Density
Limitchik has disabled reputation

My Mood:
Thanked 27,650 Times in 11,585 Posts
"Huh"s: 292
"Huh"ed at at 83 Times in 72 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbo View Post
Larry David wonders the same thing.
That man has made an art form out of asking and satirizing the embarrassingly stupid questions that pop into people's heads (he's also made a nice living out of it, too).
Carbo (28-07-2012)
  SPAM / Forum Homepage / New Posts /   #6  
Old 28-07-2012, 11:13:17
Forum Elder !
Carbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant General
Carbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant GeneralCarbo has the rank of Lieutenant General

My Mood:
Thanked 17,915 Times in 8,641 Posts
"Huh"s: 129
"Huh"ed at at 87 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by Limitchik View Post
That man has made an art form out of asking and satirizing the embarrassingly stupid questions that pop into people's heads (he's also made a nice living out of it, too).
It's just his childlike oblivion to social norms. Like, after the reaction to the chopsticks question, he finishes off with a question about whether the poor girl might have a psychopathic parent.

I've been thinking some of suicide,
But there's bars out here for miles
The following user says thank you to Carbo for this useful post:
Limitchik (28-07-2012)
  SPAM / Forum Homepage / New Posts /   #7  
Old 28-07-2012, 13:36:10
All Sixes & Sevens & Nines
woodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier General
woodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier General

My Mood:
Thanked 17,045 Times in 8,593 Posts
"Huh"s: 59
"Huh"ed at at 56 Times in 48 Posts
Because they can?
  SPAM / Forum Homepage / New Posts /   #8  
Old 28-07-2012, 14:00:39
Location: Imagine hell....now imagine it hotter, and with lots of sand. Now you're close.
P!ss Taker In Chief.
bcrglobal has the rank of Captainbcrglobal has the rank of Captainbcrglobal has the rank of Captainbcrglobal has the rank of Captain
bcrglobal has the rank of Captainbcrglobal has the rank of Captainbcrglobal has the rank of Captainbcrglobal has the rank of Captainbcrglobal has the rank of Captainbcrglobal has the rank of Captainbcrglobal has the rank of Captainbcrglobal has the rank of Captainbcrglobal has the rank of Captainbcrglobal has the rank of Captainbcrglobal has the rank of Captainbcrglobal has the rank of Captainbcrglobal has the rank of Captainbcrglobal has the rank of Captainbcrglobal has the rank of Captainbcrglobal has the rank of Captainbcrglobal has the rank of Captainbcrglobal has the rank of Captain

My Mood:
Thanked 10,234 Times in 5,007 Posts
"Huh"s: 117
"Huh"ed at at 61 Times in 56 Posts
Because they're savages! I tell you, they're not civilized and developed like we are, no sir.

Cunning little yellow chappies with slanted eyes and black greasy hair. Can't trust em, I tell you. Order chicken in one of their shops, and you'll likely get served dog instead! I went to one of their places, bloody little buggers couldn't understand a word I said. I asked for chicken and chips, and this woman says "oh, you wan numma thity thlee?". No, I don't want a bloody thirty Thlee, I says to her, I want a chicken and chips. Well, this woman brings me 2 bloody sticks to eat it with....so I says to her, listen, luv....I'm a European. We've done this thing called civilizing and inventing, and one of the things we invented was knives and bleeding forks! Go get me some, chop chop! And she did. Cheeky little thing had them In the back, but they just wanted to laugh at the Europeans trying to eat with sticks!

But I'm not racist. I left her a tip, and even asked if she could do my laundry.

Bloody savages.
The following 7 users say thank you to bcrglobal for this useful post:
Beachcomber (28-07-2012), Britmikh (28-07-2012), Godfather (02-08-2012), M-C (29-07-2012), Suvorov (28-07-2012), Voodoo (28-07-2012), woodville (28-07-2012)
  SPAM / Forum Homepage / New Posts /   #9  
Old 28-07-2012, 14:02:10
All Sixes & Sevens & Nines
woodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier General
woodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier General

My Mood:
Thanked 17,045 Times in 8,593 Posts
"Huh"s: 59
"Huh"ed at at 56 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by bcrglobal View Post
Because they're savages! I tell you, they're not civilized and developed like we are, no sir.

Cunning little yellow chappies with slanted eyes and black greasy hair. Can't trust em, I tell you. Order chicken in one of their shops, and you'll likely get served dog instead! I went to one of their places, bloody little buggers couldn't understand a word I said. I asked for chicken and chips, and this woman says "oh, you wan numma thity thlee?". No, I don't want a bloody thirty Thlee, I says to her, I want a chicken and chips. Well, this woman brings me 2 bloody sticks to eat it with....so I says to her, listen, luv....I'm a European. We've done this thing called civilizing and inventing, and one of the things we invented was knives and bleeding forks! Go get me some, chop chop! And she did. Cheeky little thing had them In the back, but they just wanted to laugh at the Europeans trying to eat with sticks!

But I'm not racist. I left her a tip, and even asked if she could do my laundry.

Bloody savages.
............................................AND breathe.

Better now?
The following user says thank you to woodville for this useful post:
bcrglobal (28-07-2012)
  SPAM / Forum Homepage / New Posts /   #10  
Old 28-07-2012, 15:05:30
Addict
matt24 has the rank of Sergeant Major
matt24 has the rank of Sergeant Majormatt24 has the rank of Sergeant Majormatt24 has the rank of Sergeant Majormatt24 has the rank of Sergeant Majormatt24 has the rank of Sergeant Majormatt24 has the rank of Sergeant Majormatt24 has the rank of Sergeant Majormatt24 has the rank of Sergeant Majormatt24 has the rank of Sergeant Majormatt24 has the rank of Sergeant Majormatt24 has the rank of Sergeant Majormatt24 has the rank of Sergeant Majormatt24 has the rank of Sergeant Major

My Mood:
Thanked 1,702 Times in 733 Posts
"Huh"s: 13
"Huh"ed at at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by hotchef View Post
and many Arabs /Asians eat with their right hand? ( I know why not the left hand but why hand at all?)

question put to me by a young cousin for a assignment,

EATING HABIS OF DIFFERENT CULTURES AND NATIONS
I am a Chef and supposed to know these things but had a rather weak answer i think. Maybe here something better comes up? Wiki has nothing...
Was it not an odd choice for an Austrian to enter into the culinary arts? Culturally Austria is hardly up there on the list of countries that have an esteemed culinary tradition - on a par I might suggest with the Americans and their association with cricket - Was it a brave counter cultural decision to become a cook, or did you think you were onto an easy gaff - learn one cake and how to deep fry heh presto!?

The Chinese and much of the far east use chop sticks as an alternative to forks - they still employ knives and spoons, but on a more economically efficient centralized basis.
The following user says thank you to matt24 for this useful post:
Limitchik (28-07-2012)
The Following User Says "Huh?" to matt24 For Writing Sheer Nonsense
hotchef (28-07-2012)