Red Tape Forums .

Home FAQ Contact Us Who's Online Social Groups
Go Back   Red Tape Forums > Recreational > The Book Nook
Register Members List My Threads / Replies Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Quick Links

The Book Nook For all you bookworms and writers out there. The topic of conversation is - best-sellers, literature, authors, writers clubs and what's available in Moscow by way of reading material.

SPAM / Forum Homepage / New Posts /   #1  
Old 28-10-2008, 12:11:01
Book Swap Club Organizer
Protagonist has the rank of SergeantProtagonist has the rank of SergeantProtagonist has the rank of SergeantProtagonist has the rank of SergeantProtagonist has the rank of SergeantProtagonist has the rank of SergeantProtagonist has the rank of SergeantProtagonist has the rank of SergeantProtagonist has the rank of SergeantProtagonist has the rank of SergeantProtagonist has the rank of Sergeant

"Huh"s: 0
"Huh"ed at at 0 Times in 0 Posts
List of shops to buy books in English

Hi,
Thought this information may be helpful to someone. I’ve made a list of shops that sell books in English. Many of them also have Russian literature in English. Shops listed below range from my most favourite to the least ones.

If you think I’ve missed a good bookstore please feel free to add. I appreciate that very much.

BUKVA
Metro – Park Kultury
Address – 17 Zubovsky blvd., korpus 1, 3rd floor

MOSKOVSKY DOM KNIGI
Metro – Arbatskaya
Address – 8 Novyi Arbat Ul.

ANGLIA BRITISH BOOKSHOP
Metro – Mayakovskaya
Address – 6/11 Vorotnikovsky pereulok

ANGLIYSKAYA KNIGA NA KUZNETSKOM
Metro – Kuznetsky Most
Address – 18/7 Kuznetsky Most

RELOD (1)
Metro – Pushkinskaya, Chekhovskaya
Address – 23/8 Bolshaya Dmitrovka

UNIVERSUM
Metro – Barrikadnaya, Borovitskaya
Address – 16/5 Malaya Nikitskaya, stroenie 1
(It’s an antique shop and they offer only second-hand books. Closed on Sundays)

DOM KNIGI MOSKVA

Metro – Pushkinskaya, Tverskaya, Chekhovskaya
Address – 8 Tverskaya Ul.

MOLODAYA GVARDIA

Metro – Polianka
Address – 28 Bolshaya Polianka, stroenie 1, 1st floor

BIBLIO-GLOBUS
Metro – Lubianka
Address – 6/3 Myasnitskaya Ul., stroenie 5, 2nd floor

RELOD (2)
Metro – Sukharevskaya
Address – 15/17 Pushkarev pereulok

DOM PEDAGOGICHESKOY KNIGI
Metro – Okhotnyi Riad, Teatralnaya, Pushkinskaya, Chekhovskaya
Address – 7/5 Bolshaya Dmitrovka Ul., 2nd floor

RESPUBLIKA (1)
Metro – Mayakovskaya
Address – 1st 10 Tverskaya-Yamskaya Ul., 1st floor

RESPUBLIKA (2)
Metro – Serpukhovskaya
Address – 38 Stremianny pereulok
(Most of what they have are dictionaries.)
The following 11 users say thank you to Protagonist for this useful post:
agatha (23-07-2009), ghost 6-3 (28-10-2008), Holly (28-10-2008), kitty wonka (29-10-2008), morvich (25-03-2011), moscowmail (29-10-2008), Potato Junkie (28-10-2008), Redletter (28-10-2008), snapcracklepop (28-10-2008), Voodoo (28-10-2008), woodville (28-10-2008)
  SPAM / Forum Homepage / New Posts /   #2  
Old 28-10-2008, 12:24:09
All Sixes & Sevens & Nines
woodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier General
woodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier General

My Mood:
Thanked 17,015 Times in 8,581 Posts
"Huh"s: 59
"Huh"ed at at 56 Times in 48 Posts
Thanks protagonist - very helpful.

I'm spending about $60 a week in Dom Knigi Noviy Arbat,but an running out of choice. The one in Tverskaya had even less choice.

Guess what we need is a book-swap club.
The following user says thank you to woodville for this useful post:
snapcracklepop (28-10-2008)
  SPAM / Forum Homepage / New Posts /   #3  
Old 28-10-2008, 12:29:45
Book Swap Club Organizer
Protagonist has the rank of SergeantProtagonist has the rank of SergeantProtagonist has the rank of SergeantProtagonist has the rank of SergeantProtagonist has the rank of SergeantProtagonist has the rank of SergeantProtagonist has the rank of SergeantProtagonist has the rank of SergeantProtagonist has the rank of SergeantProtagonist has the rank of SergeantProtagonist has the rank of Sergeant

Originally Posted by woodville View Post
Guess what we need is a book-swap club.
I have one in Moscow :-) I've started a Book Swap Club few weeks ago.
There are a few posts for book exchange here but they don’t seem to lead anywhere. I will try to create one here.
  SPAM / Forum Homepage / New Posts /   #4  
Old 28-10-2008, 12:51:26
woodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier General
woodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier Generalwoodville has the rank of Brigadier General

My Mood:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
I have one in Moscow :-) I've started a Book Swap Club few weeks ago.
There are a few posts for book exchange here but they don’t seem to lead anywhere. I will try to create one here.
Ok great

I'll list the books I have when I get home tonight.
  SPAM / Forum Homepage / New Posts /   #5  
Old 28-10-2008, 12:57:48
Book Swap Club Organizer

Thank you for your interest.
I'll start a new thread about book & DVD exchange, and we can all place our book lists there.
  SPAM / Forum Homepage / New Posts /   #6  
Old 28-10-2008, 13:06:27
There is now more Voodoo in the world
Voodoo has the rank of Brigadier GeneralVoodoo has the rank of Brigadier GeneralVoodoo has the rank of Brigadier GeneralVoodoo has the rank of Brigadier GeneralVoodoo has the rank of Brigadier GeneralVoodoo has the rank of Brigadier GeneralVoodoo has the rank of Brigadier GeneralVoodoo has the rank of Brigadier General
Voodoo has the rank of Brigadier GeneralVoodoo has the rank of Brigadier GeneralVoodoo has the rank of Brigadier GeneralVoodoo has the rank of Brigadier GeneralVoodoo has the rank of Brigadier GeneralVoodoo has the rank of Brigadier GeneralVoodoo has the rank of Brigadier GeneralVoodoo has the rank of Brigadier GeneralVoodoo has the rank of Brigadier GeneralVoodoo has the rank of Brigadier GeneralVoodoo has the rank of Brigadier GeneralVoodoo has the rank of Brigadier GeneralVoodoo has the rank of Brigadier GeneralVoodoo has the rank of Brigadier GeneralVoodoo has the rank of Brigadier GeneralVoodoo has the rank of Brigadier GeneralVoodoo has the rank of Brigadier General

Thanked 19,912 Times in 8,791 Posts
"Huh"s: 16
"Huh"ed at at 23 Times in 22 Posts
Woody, I've tried a few of the shops on Protagonist's list (many thanks Protagonist btw), and I have to rate the bookshop on Kuznetsky Most as the best - at least they have a wider selection than the normal Penguin Classics which is what most bookshops have.
woodville (28-10-2008)
  SPAM / Forum Homepage / New Posts /   #7  
Old 29-10-2008, 08:45:18
Just Me
moscowmail has the rank of Staff Sergeantmoscowmail has the rank of Staff Sergeantmoscowmail has the rank of Staff Sergeantmoscowmail has the rank of Staff Sergeantmoscowmail has the rank of Staff Sergeantmoscowmail has the rank of Staff Sergeantmoscowmail has the rank of Staff Sergeantmoscowmail has the rank of Staff Sergeantmoscowmail has the rank of Staff Sergeantmoscowmail has the rank of Staff Sergeantmoscowmail has the rank of Staff Sergeant

My Mood:
Thanked 6,498 Times in 3,234 Posts
"Huh"s: 19
"Huh"ed at at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thread stickied I thunk
  SPAM / Forum Homepage / New Posts /   #8  
Old 29-10-2008, 08:48:38

My Mood:
Originally Posted by moscowmail View Post
Thread stickied I thunk
You thunk too? Play that thunky music whiteboy!

Everybody thunking now.
The following user says thank you to woodville for this useful post:
moscowmail (29-10-2008)
  SPAM / Forum Homepage / New Posts /   #9  
Old 29-10-2008, 11:17:18
Forum Elder !
Redletter has the rank of Second LieutenantRedletter has the rank of Second Lieutenant
Redletter has the rank of Second LieutenantRedletter has the rank of Second LieutenantRedletter has the rank of Second LieutenantRedletter has the rank of Second LieutenantRedletter has the rank of Second LieutenantRedletter has the rank of Second LieutenantRedletter has the rank of Second LieutenantRedletter has the rank of Second LieutenantRedletter has the rank of Second LieutenantRedletter has the rank of Second LieutenantRedletter has the rank of Second LieutenantRedletter has the rank of Second Lieutenant

My Mood:
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,714 Posts
"Huh"s: 8
"Huh"ed at at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Bookberry on Nikitsky Bulvard have some.
  SPAM / Forum Homepage / New Posts /   #10  
Old 29-10-2008, 11:20:33
Forum Elder !
Redletter has the rank of Second LieutenantRedletter has the rank of Second Lieutenant
Redletter has the rank of Second LieutenantRedletter has the rank of Second LieutenantRedletter has the rank of Second LieutenantRedletter has the rank of Second LieutenantRedletter has the rank of Second LieutenantRedletter has the rank of Second LieutenantRedletter has the rank of Second LieutenantRedletter has the rank of Second LieutenantRedletter has the rank of Second LieutenantRedletter has the rank of Second LieutenantRedletter has the rank of Second LieutenantRedletter has the rank of Second Lieutenant

My Mood:
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,714 Posts
"Huh"s: 8
"Huh"ed at at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Relod 1 (or as I think of it Akadem Kniga)

Metro – Pushkinskaya, Chekhovskaya
Address – 23/8 Bolshaya Dmitrovka

Had an interesting selection of childrens' books when I was there a few weeks ago